When it comes to flooring, sometimes hardwood floors just aren't the surface you want in your home. At San Jose Harwood Floors, we can help with more than wood. With many styles, textures and types of construction, carpet and vinyl flooring are great options for everyone, from first-time homeowners and retirees to families with kids and pets. In fact, carpeting and vinyl can actually improve indoor air quality when properly chosen, installed and cleaned.
Known for providing warmth and comfort, carpet retains warm air longer (an energy conservation benefit) and provides a comfortable place to sit, play or work. The thousands of styles and colors available lets you personalize your living space however you'd like by using carpeting with a neutral foundation or as a focal point with vibrant colors and stronger bolder patterns and textures.
What are the other benefits to carpet?
- It softens slips and falls for the whole family, but especially for toddlers and older individuals.
- It reduces noise by creating a sound barrier between floors and masking constant foot traffic.
- It maintains life and beauty for many years when properly cleaned and maintained. Make sure you keep these three steps in mind:
- Preventative Maintenance — Protect your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming — Keep carpeting clean through regular vacuuming, the single most effective way to keep carpets clean.
- Professional Cleaning — Have carpets cleaned professionally, a periodic must.
Benefits to Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring is a great option if you need something hypo-allergenic for your home. Often overlooked, vinyl is extremely durable and available in a wide variety of colors and styles. Because it's extremely resistant to dents, scratches and stains, vinyl flooring will last for years, even in high-traffic areas.
Easy to clean and maintain, here are a few more benefits to vinyl flooring:
- It can be made to look like other types of flooring including stone, hardwood and more.
- It helps reduce the noise in your home by absorbing noise.
- It is a cost-effective flooring option that doesn't need frequent repair or re-installation.
- Many varieties include slip-free technology, helping prevent stumbles and falls.
- It's often made from recycled vinyl and promotes energy efficiency, making it an eco-friendly option for those of you with a heart for the environment.