Does your hardwood flooring need the perfect finishing touch? You may want to add molding or some sort of other transition between different types of floors! Keep reading for some of our most popular tips.
8 Tips for Hardwood Flooring Transitions
A fantastic way to add some personality into your home's design is through floor transitions. The way you make the shift from hardwood flooring to tile (or really any type of flooring to another) can make a strong statement.
It's hard to believe that the year is coming to a close. Thanks to our customers we were able to create a lot of really beautiful floors in 2017.
We can't wait to see what's in store for us in 2018.
Please note: We have special holiday hours this week and next week so that our employees can enjoy the holidays with their friends and family.
CLOSED: Friday Dec. 22nd thru Tuesday Dec. 26th
OPEN:: Wednesday Dec. 27th - Friday Dec. 29th
CLOSED : Saturday Dec. 30th thru Tuesday Jan. 2nd
OPEN and regular hours resume on Wednesday Jan. 3rd
Pantone may not have announced its Color of the Year yet, but experts are already weighing in on top home color trends for 2018. What hues should you incorporate into your home? How do these shades affect the flooring you choose? Keep reading to find out!
23 Top Color Trends for 2018
Pantone isn't the only voice when it comes to the annual color trends. Benjamin Moore, Behr, Sherwin-Williams and PPG Paints all have colors of the year you may want to consider incorporating into your home.
Benjamin Moore: Caliente
As the Benjamin Moore website explains, "Caliente is the signature color of a modern architectural masterpiece; a lush carpet rolled out for a grand arrival; the assured backdrop for a book-lined library; a powerful first impression on a glossy front door. The eye can’t help but follow its bold strokes. Harness the vitality."
The website also shares a palette of complementary hues to pair with Caliente. If you like this shade of strong, radiant, energetic red, you may want to consider flooring that is the same color as some of the hues in the palette, such as Saddle Soap, Smoked Oyster, Incense Stick, Black Beauty or Elk Horn.
As you begin to think about upcoming holiday parties, are your floors on your mind? If you’d like to install new flooring, or even refinish your current hardwood, there’s still time! Contact us right away to get started!
This time of year, it’s not uncommon for hardwood flooring to take on extra wear and tear from extra people in your home, moving furniture around and more. How can you protect it? Follow these 6 tips.
6 Hardwood Flooring Tips for Holiday Parties
- Invest in quality finish up-front. The good news is, if your hardwood floors are protected with a good finish there really isn’t a lot you need to do; it serves as an extra form of protection against scratches, dents and liquids. Still, even with a high quality finish, make sure you clean up any spills as quickly as possible.
- Move furniture carefully. Although high heels are also blamed for most damage to the hardwood flooring, the truth is that moving furniture around is more likely to damage your floors. As you rearrange, make sure you pick up chairs, tables and other items instead of sliding them from one space to the next. You may also want to use furniture pads for a little extra protection.
- Add mats to your doorways. The elements, especially during the winter, can be especially hard on your hardwood floors. Make sure each entrance to your home includes a durable mat for guests to wipe their shoes on; this will significantly decrease the moisture and dirt tracked around your home.
- Ask guests to remove their shoes. If you’re really concerned about friends’ shoes damaging your hardwood floors, warn them that you’ll ask them to remove them upon arrival, or even offer a pair of slippers or festive socks for them to wear as a gift during the party. This will also keep your flooring cleaner and prevent dirt and germs from being tracked around your home.
- Invest in a few area rugs. In addition to adding a decorative element to your home, area rugs and runners in high traffic areas of your home can protect your hardwood flooring from dents, dings, scratches and spills. After the party is over, they’re easy to store or move to another room depending on the overall décor of your home. See suggestions for selecting the perfect area rugs below.
- Clean your hardwood floors. As always, maintain your hardwood floors by taking care of them. This blog post about floor care shares a nice schedule for you to follow year-round.